Ask me anything about Satanism!

That_Gurl_Sparklez

Hi everyone! I decided that there isn't much education about Satanism in this world, so I'm here to answer some of your questions! :D

BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION: I will now answer the following questions, and if they are asked, I will not answer them and report the first, second, and fourth questions.

TW: Cannibalism

Spoiler

Do Satanists eat babies? 

No, we do not eat babies

TW: Animal death

Spoiler

Do Satanists sacrifice animals?

Nope. In the 1500s maybe, but definitely not in the modern day.

Do Satanists worship Satan as a god-like figure?

Some do, some don't. I'm part of The Satanic Temple, which doesn't, but I have heard of a few groups that do.

Do Satanists sell their souls?

Nope. I don't even believe in Satan as a god-like figure, and the ones who do don't do that either.

Feel free to ask away!!!

On 10/12/2024 at 8:44 PM, That_Gurl_Sparklez said:

Do Satanists sell their souls?

Nope. I don't even believe in Satan as a god-like figure, and the ones who do don't do that either.

hi, as a theistic satanist and tst member, im gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

there are many, many different kinds of satanists with many different practices. you cant be certain that there arent any who "sell their souls" to "the devil".

tw cults

Spoiler

anda honestly? there are some very dangerous people i this world, some of which would say they are part of satanic cults, that might even do the things you have denied

nevertheless, most satanists are not bad people, and most satanists dont do such atrocious things (idk if selling your soul counts as atrocious or not, but i guess it would depend on how one sees it)

On 10/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Is there any type of satanism that is combined with Norse paganism? Really random question but I saw it online and got curious...

not really? however, it doesnt mean you yourself cannot combine aspects of satanism with norse pagan practices! i myself am a polytheist, which would go under paganism, but i do not follow any specific pagan religion. however, i also believe in satan and combine that with my pagan beliefs, making me a satanist pagan 

Edited by Zozz
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2024 at 3:00 AM, Salami said:

When did satanism start and where did it start?

probably where/when the idea of satan immerged. especially with the rise of christianity, the idea of worshipping satan was a thing back then, with people accusing others of being devil worshipers and whatnot. whether people actually practiced satanism back then, not sure, but its possible. 

satanism isnt exactly a religion that manifested out of something specific for it to have a clear start, (e.g. jesus saying he is the son of god and spreading his teachings being the start of christianity), because satan is a famous figure in christianity, judaism, and islam

unless you are referring to a specific denomination like TST. in that case, TST was founded in 2013 in the States by lucien greaves

6 hours ago, Zozz said:

probably where/when the idea of satan immerged. especially with the rise of christianity, the idea of worshipping satan was a thing back then, with people accusing others of being devil worshipers and whatnot. whether people actually practiced satanism back then, not sure, but its possible. 

satanism isnt exactly a religion that manifested out of something specific for it to have a clear start, (e.g. jesus saying he is the son of god and spreading his teachings being the start of christianity), because satan is a famous figure in christianity, judaism, and islam

unless you are referring to a specific denomination like TST. in that case, TST was founded in 2013 in the States by lucien greaves

Oh and speaking of which, do people still support some of the political activities of the TST? (not sure how open I can be about that here in a non-political thread)