can i blame her for breaking up with me?

Zozz

so i came out to my ex (any pronouns) as cupioromantic, and he didt want to date me anymore. my friend says that hes not worth it because if he really cared he'd stay with me. he said that it didnt matter if my love for my ex was romantic or not because it wouldnt change how good our relationship is, and she wouldnt break up for this. but i dnt have romatic feelings for them. i just like being in a romantic relationship. can i blame her for breaking up with me?

To be honest… no. Most people enter romantic relationships with the expectation and desire that the other person will be romantically attracted to them as well. I mean if your partner said something like “ew, you’re cupioromantic? That’s weird, I’m dumping you” then yeah, that’s a problem, but a simple “oh, I don’t think this is going to work out, sorry” is reasonable I think. There’s not much point in continuing a relationship that doesn’t fulfill what you’re looking for. Maybe for some people they’d be ok with dating someone who’s not romantically attracted to them, but not all people would, and that’s fine. 

• Like 5

agree with Jot-Aro Kujo here, no, dont blame her.

if someone wants something in a relationship and the person in that relationship with them cannot give that I think its their call to decide whether they want to carry on with that. 

And yeah, a lot of people are going to want their partner to be in love with them in that way.

• Like 4

I agree with what the others have said, as well.

It's not your fault that you're cupioromantic, but it's also not her fault for wanting to have a partner who can fulfill a need of hers. That doesn't mean you didn't care about her or didn't give her what you could give, but she has the right to search for a partner who can romantically love her back, just like how you have the right to find a partner who will accept your cupioromaticism. This is no one's fault - there is no one to blame here.

• Like 3