back again

Wow okay so in August I believe I joined and then immediately got hit with a bunch of interalized arophobia and felt like I didnt deserve to be here and so kinda ignored replying. And then I got a gender crisis (guess whos no longer a girl lmao) so yeah. Im doing a bit better now though!

I like reading (btw if anyone has any aro fantasy recs please let me know!), drawing/painting, baking, and like I said last time Im starting to get into fiction podcasts. Ive been slowly working my way through wtnv but its taking a while 😅

Not sure what else to put here, lets hope this time I stick around? Excited to talk to people :D

• Like 3

Hi! I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable in your identity, internalised arophobia can be... a lot. 

As for the other stuff, painting is awesome! I honestly have so much respect for painters, it takes so long... Also, nightvale is AMAZING! Who/what is your favorite character/entity?

Edited by allhailtheglowcloud

Welcome back! I do have some aro fantasy recs!

For representation specifically:

- Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce. The confirmation is word-of-god and was years later, and there is some romance between the main character and other characters, but it ultimately goes nowhere.

- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson. The main character was always intended to be aromantic, with an exploration of that in a second book, but that book never happened. The story is complete with just one book though, so no cliffhanger worries.

- Market of Monsters series by Rebecca Schaeffer (adapted into a Webtoon called Not Even Bones btw). It's urban fantasy with both main characters being arospec and in a QPR!

Also, Discworld by Terry Pratchett has a lot of books with very little to no romance.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

Hi! I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable in your identity, internalised arophobia can be... a lot. 

As for the other stuff, painting is awesome! I honestly have so much respect for painters, it takes so long... Also, nightvale is AMAZING! Who/what is your favorite character/entity?

Thank you!! 

Its really difficult to pick but I think maybe Carlos? The angels are fun too. Who/what is your favourite character? (I think Im on episode 160 ish rn and Id like to avoid spoilers though :])

13 hours ago, Neon said:

Welcome back! I do have some aro fantasy recs!

For representation specifically:

- Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce. The confirmation is word-of-god and was years later, and there is some romance between the main character and other characters, but it ultimately goes nowhere.

- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson. The main character was always intended to be aromantic, with an exploration of that in a second book, but that book never happened. The story is complete with just one book though, so no cliffhanger worries.

- Market of Monsters series by Rebecca Schaeffer (adapted into a Webtoon called Not Even Bones btw). It's urban fantasy with both main characters being arospec and in a QPR!

Also, Discworld by Terry Pratchett has a lot of books with very little to no romance.

Thank you! I'll have to check those out! :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AFrogInAHat said:

Thank you!! 

Its really difficult to pick but I think maybe Carlos? The angels are fun too. Who/what is your favourite character? (I think Im on episode 160 ish rn and Id like to avoid spoilers though :])

Carlos is great! My favorite is probably the glow cloud (all hail) although I also love Pamela Winchell. 

That's fair enough about the spoilers, though. It's so annoying when I just want to look at the cool fan art but then there's a spoiler for something *cries*

Hey there!

Nice to meet you and welcome back!

I'm Raphael and I'm new here, I'm glad to welcome you (and everyone) in this forum 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Also congrats on the gender realization😆😆😆 gender things can be peculiar indeed!