am i aroace?

Guest Anonymous

Question

I don't want to be seen as a dating option, and I feel free and good being seen as a person who isn't a dating option. I want to be in a qpr with my partner experimentally so badly, and because I think I'd like it. I never really liked many of the people I dated before that way, and I never had a childhood crush when I thought about it. I had really big feelings towards a girl and wanted to date her. but I have become strongly attached to my partner, and felt intense feelings and wanted to be with them, and I have been wanting to marry them, but at the same time I wanted out of the relationship and my feelings went away for some time, I have romantic thoughts about him, and I think I still love him, I do all the romantic things, and we have a good deep bond. I can kinda see alterous attraction there a bit, or at least think there may be. I know there's emotional. I'm doubting if my feelings are romantic or alterous. Can I feel both? Am I demi and greyromantic, or aromantic?

I also don't find anyone hot. I don't really want to do it with anyone. the thought makes me grossed out and uncomfortable. I can't really imagine myself doing it with another person, and if I tried, then there's literally no one there, and yeah. I prefer to keep myself a virgin. my ex was the only one I was sexually attracted to, but I never was before, only during an nsfw occasion that I will not be specifying. I never found her hot. And the same day I felt sexual attraction for the first time, she ended up harassing me (iykyk), and the attraction disappeared. this was months ago. I haven't felt that way since, and I wonder if it was actual sexual attraction or not. I could be in any type of relationship, and go without any of that deed in it.

Am I aroace, or just confused and trying to be something I'm not?

5 answers to this question

well if you want some assurance that you're on the aroace spectrum, then i can say pretty certainly it sounds like you are! if you want help figuring out your identity further, i like this guide as a starting point for figuring out what types of attraction you might be feeling, and here is a list of identities that all fall under the aro spectrum. hopefully something here helps, feel free to ask any more questions after you look at these :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duck The Guy said:

well if you want some assurance that you're on the aroace spectrum, then i can say pretty certainly it sounds like you are! if you want help figuring out your identity further, i like this guide as a starting point for figuring out what types of attraction you might be feeling, and here is a list of identities that all fall under the aro spectrum. hopefully something here helps, feel free to ask any more questions after you look at these :D

Thank you! I found a few labels that may fit me!