Aegoromantic tendencies

R_1

Even though, I'm very much more into aromanticism (Yes, I'm heteroromantic, but I relate so much more to aromantic than not), I still experience something akin to aegoromanticism. Whenever I see a very attractive couple in showing love to each other in which a situation I can myself in (MF couple basically), I'm like, wow, that's pretty hot, in the sense that I admire what they might be feeling and I'd like to feel what they feel. I know this form of aegoromanticism is different than what aromantic experience though, even if I rarely feel romantic.

It's different to what I get with aegosexuality, as I'm just more detached and just not interested into getting there.

What about for you people?

Edited by R_1
  • Like 2

Oh my god, I feel the same way. I am also very much more into aromanticism. I am technically greyromantic and I guess heteromantic in a sense, but I feel more connected to aromanticism. I also sometimes experience aegoromanticism at times because I did have a crush on someone. I don’t now but because I guess he was my first love and ONLY love, the thought of him pops up in my mind at times. I imagine us holding each other, just being together. I’ll get that really intense desire just to be in his arms or someone’s arms and I’ll think, “I want a boyfriend.” And, not even kidding, two seconds later I’m like never mind and I’m not thinking about romance anymore. 

Fictional characters romantic for each other? Good for them! Especially if their relationship is a healthy and supportive one.

But in real life, I want none of that. If it was (queer)platonic-coded I’d be down for it, but if it’s romantic-coded I’d rather see it happen between fictional characters. You know, activities such as saying nice things to each other, or even something as trivial as going out to eat together, or travelling for a vacation together, literally just doing anything together, romanticism has no monopoly over those activities, yet society claims it does. The same activities that are open to romantic couples are also just as open to experience in a (queer)platonic relationship, familial, or colleague relationship when celebrating an academic/business achievement. Or even solo, for that matter, at the end of the day they’re just leisure activities, and the one tying it to a particular relationship status is none other than society itself.