Therians of arocalypse: how do you know?

Needlemouse

I'm questioning if I'm a therian. I went to my friend for advice, and they said to go to people who are therians for help. What I want to ask is how do you know/find out? Can you share your experiences?

I sometimes get animalistic urges. Like growling, hissing, biting, walking/running on all fours, rubbing my head against things that I love/like and make me happy or I rub my head when happy. I've felt this deep connection one time, it felt like I was an animal at the moment, like I was very close to some animal, like there was one within myself. I tried talking to a family members dog before as a child, though I'm pretty sure a lot of kids did that, and also went up the stairs on all fours (another thing kids do/did), but it felt comfortable and right and I hated being told not to do that. I've also watched a pov on youtube, and I got the urge to walk on all fours like the person filming was. I thought of a specific cat, too. I've also cried because I wasn't an animal and felt deeply sad over it. I wanted to be an animal again. I've had dysphoria. When I wasn't identifying as a therian (I'm not currently), I felt empty, and it felt like something was missing but I can't place what.

I might not be a therian, just a quadrobist and possibly a copinglink or something. I plan on doing more research into therianthropy.

• Like 2

I’m not a therian, but for a while I was questioning and during that time I awakened as otherhearted.

i am by no means an expert in therianthropy but I have a lot of friends who are therians (mostly online friends but STILL).

I do do quads, and of course not everyone who does quads is a therian BUT from your description it sounds very much like you are one. You might want to do some research to see what your theriotype is :)

I am a therian and based on what you've said you are very likely a therian, it's fun at times but it's also rough with feeling like you're in the wrong body, feeling misunderstood. I can't fully say "oh yeah you're 100% a therian" but if you are we should chat! I'm always happy to find a therian friend :3

(Oh and good luck on your journey of self discovery :3 )