So glad to find aros like me

ABC

Hi, just call me ABC, my age is in the early 20s and I’ve known I’m aro since the late 2010s.

In childhood (2000s) I never understood how my peers were able to effortlessly make up fake crushes and puppy loves.

In pre-pubescent and teenage years (2010s) as all my peers had crushes to the point of dating and breaking up within hours or days, whilst asking me whom I liked, I kept naming random names when what I really wanted to say was no one, but if I said that they would then ask what about this person or that person to which I faked “yes”, strong peer pressure led to unavoidable masking.

In the late 2010s I was in high school and I felt my one and only romantic crush but it was expressed in an aro way, although I told family members about having a crush (feeling butterflies and smiling at thoughts or stimuli associated with that person), I had no will to date that person or do anything like that, I just uncontrollably feel personal euphoria upon receiving any emotional stimuli associated with them (as simple as seeing their lookalike or their name be mentioned), which are always positive. At the same time, I also enjoyed fictional ships such as canon pairings, and the non-canon Y/N*character or character*character (same or multifandom) ships. It’s nice for the fictional characters and the non-aro allies, but it’s just not for my real life. I get it in fiction, but not in my real life because I personally just don’t want it for myself and I’m happy with that. Others are free, they better not involve me or they’ll be disappointed as I’ll be apathetic if anyone has any feelings for me. Not in a mean evil way, but I just don’t feel the way they feel because I’m aro and they’re not.

In the 2020s aka present, I can’t keep my aroness to myself anymore, so here I am, even if I’ll be anon, I won’t be alone anymore in these feelings. I might be more of a lurker than a poster but I’ll visit often.

I made 2 posts as a guest before signing in, hopefully the mods approve them ASAP. I’ll type up perhaps one more post before I go back to lurking while signed out, and will login if I see replies.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@VaidasViperWTF is wrong with you, just copying my entire introduction with changed words with thesaurus, I already reported your post