Dating advice

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

So I would love some advice for my relationship and myself. I’ve been a relationship with my boyfriend for a year and some change already (: although recently I’ve been thinking maybe it would be good for me to go on a break. Not because I want to end the relationship, I am very much in love with this man and see such a beautiful full of love happiness and success future with him. I have just been feeling that recently I don’t have a lot of space to explore myself and I’m 21 now so I’ve really been yearning to get to know myself and build a strong foundation in myself and a strong self love for me. I’m a ride or die type, I’m absolutely IN LOVE with this man. Our relationship is going great. This has just come to mind because I haven’t had a lot of time or space to do that self discovery and I feel like I may not have that space because I’m the type to put my all into a relationship and the person I’m with even if it’s not what is best for me. Him n I spend all our time together and I’m always at his house, partly because I feel like living with my mom in not able to be me at all and I had to move back in with her because of complications with my old roommate. She’s a very harsh parent and extremely hard to live with. And she treats my younger siblings in a way that makes us butt heads often so I’m getting my own apartment in November. I love that I’m able to stay at my boyfriends and I enjoy his family but since I live out of a box at my moms and I’m always at my partners it makes it hard to feel like I have space to be and do me. Specially since I don’t have my own space period heh… so what I’m asking for is some advice. I don’t want to end things with my partner and maybe I’m feeling this way since my living arrangements so difficult so I’m wondering should I wait it out till I get my own place and have that space to myself or should I talk to my partner about going on a break so I have time to find me and align with my soul…. I’m also starting to heal from a lot of trauma I’ve experienced in my life and with that I’m feel like I’m needing more space now and I don’t have any. He is amazing though and he always says we are a set. We come together forever. And he’s so loving and he’s there for me always and I love being with him… since I’ve been pondering this though I notice myself getting annoyed with him sometimes because he’s very high energy at times and his family is loud and high energy all the time too and I don’t know if it’s because I don’t even have space inside myself for me right now that it’s hard for me to create space for him n our relationship as well and so I should wait until I have that space or take this time until I have that space to lock in and discover my soul… I’m very stuck and would love to hear different perspectives and opinions so please, share n write back soon <3 anything is appreciated!

1 answer to this question

This is a forum for people on the aromantic spectrum… I mean if you or your partner are aro and that’s a factor in your relationship troubles, we can help, but otherwise I think you’re on the wrong forum lol. Try Reddit or something

• Like 2