It makes me sick in my stomach

I need to vent even if I know it won't solve my problems, but I know there are olenty of people really able yo understand me in here.

The world (and above all people aroubnd me) apparently loves to make me doubt about the aromanticism existence. While homosexuality, bisexuality etc are now recognized and valued as romantic(sexual orientations, no one ever talks about atomanticism and when I explain my orientation to someone it's like they don't believe me. They just think I'm traumatized. "It's probably because of your parents' story", "I know you've seen so many love story ending in tragedy but don't close your heart's doors", "Well maybe it's just a phase, who knows when you'll grow up", "Uhm I don't think it's possible, like human beings are made to feel that kind of love, okay maybe you're not straight but how is it possible you don't feel anything?"

It makes me feel sick in my stomach when they glance at me as I'm crazy, like I have some kind of psychologic issue. It's not a childhood trauma, right? Many people experience similar family stories but not everyone is aromantic. Maybe my past experiences play a role, but it's just a percentage. Even my psychologist don't believe me.

In addition you can't get any information on aromanticism, there aren't enough scientific articles about it so my point lacks of credibility. Our orientation is so invisible that sometimes I doubt about its existence, I end up wondering if it's all about my past and my traumas, and it nakes me feel sick.

These thoughts don't allow me to feel fully proud of who I am, even though I'd usually be.

• Like 3