What anime are you watching?

DeltaAro

We have that video game thread, so I thought we need one for anime as well.

So, I'm curious what anime you are all watching right now? Whether it's a new series or an old favorite you're rewatching, I'd love to hear it! 🎞️📽️🍿

Maybe we find some anime that are favorites of our community.

In my case, I just started Chainsaw Man. Yes, I'm a bit late to the party. 🙃

• Like 1

I just started watching Dungeon Meshi with a friend 🍽️ We are up to episode 5 now, and I really enjoy the combination of dungeon crawler and cooking show so far 😅Especially since I’ve been playing DnD for so long, al the tropes they make fun of are nice to see. Also, saving your sister instead of a helpless princess is a nice change of narrative as well.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 7:58 AM, Nix said:

I just started watching Dungeon Meshi with a friend 🍽️ We are up to episode 5 now, and I really enjoy the combination of dungeon crawler and cooking show so far 😅Especially since I’ve been playing DnD for so long, al the tropes they make fun of are nice to see. Also, saving your sister instead of a helpless princess is a nice change of narrative as well.

I watched the first episodes, it's a very peculiar & cute anime. Thanks for the recommendation. Though I have to say ... cooking and eating dungeon monsters doesn't seem that weird to me. You know what I mean.😅

It's a bit like Urusei Yatsura where I find myself thinking "Well, that's just how romance is. Ok, a bit exaggerated. But not by much". (aro meta-humor 😄)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching SK8 the Infinity, it’s 12 episodes and i totally recommend it! I also watched the first few episodes of “get your hands off eizouken!” recently, which is about three high school girls trying to start their own animation studio so they can make an anime together. Its super cute so far and the art style is very charming!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm now watching The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic, another Isekai where the main hero ends up in the (in-)famous Rescue Squad, whose official goal is to rescue and heal fighters during battle … But which because of its unorthodox training in a way is the strongest and most feared unit of the whole Royal Army.

If you think Isekai is overdone by now, you're right. Kind of. But ultimately, it's just a genre and aside from being sent to another world, the possibilities are endless and most have not yet been explored. And this is certainly a very unusual Isekai.

• Like 1

Mob Psycho 100, Kotaro Lives Alone, and The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. I actually found out about the 3rd one through one of those “[x] being an aroace icon” videos (watched a fair amount of those—along w/ aro TikTok comps—before I even realized I was part of the community) loved the humor/delivery, and decided to check it out. I also just finished s2 of beastars and am eagerly awaiting s3, which is set to come out this December! 
Btw I’d recommend every anime I mentioned here

The video in question bc I love it

Edited by An Aro Passes Bi
Sometimes I get indecisive abt my choice of words
  • Like 1