Getting a QPR in a very non-aro world

Hi everyone. Has anyone here had luck with getting into a QPR? My biggest issue is that most people who aren't aro-identified or empathetic need to feel "romantic and/or sexual" feelings in order to get the kind of commitment I seek. I know I shouldn't be surprised, since for many people, not everyone of course, there does seem to be a correlation (subjective to my experience, of course) between romantic and/or sexual attraction and how serious of a commitment there is, otherwise you're just a random person people talk to. Can anyone else relate or see what I'm talking about, or not really? Maybe I'm missing something lol.

• Like 1

I relate to the struggle! Although I gotta be honest, haven't really been putting myself out there...

Considering I'm hardly out to anyone irl (only friends) and the fact no one knows anything about being aromantic let alone the arospec, it just doesn't seem doable. For now I'm just waiting till collage/uni to see what happens! Maybe I'll meet a cute aro girl on campus, who knows? I know there are probably tons of queer alloromantics looking for a relationship of sorts but like you said about commitment, I know attraction is gonna be a big deal for them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atlas said:

I relate to the struggle! Although I gotta be honest, haven't really been putting myself out there...

Considering I'm hardly out to anyone irl (only friends) and the fact no one knows anything about being aromantic let alone the arospec, it just doesn't seem doable. For now I'm just waiting till collage/uni to see what happens! Maybe I'll meet a cute aro girl on campus, who knows? I know there are probably tons of queer alloromantics looking for a relationship of sorts but like you said about commitment, I know attraction is gonna be a big deal for them.

Yeah. I have found some people who might be okay with the arrangement, (i.e. relationship between an aro and non-aro person) but no one in my immediate geographical area and I'm not sure if you can keep a relationship functioning if it's years before you can meet in person. I'm also not ace exactly either... ace spec perhaps, but very borderline for sure. I haven't always had the best luck with queer people but that could also be because I'm intersex, amongst other things.

What country are you in or from?