I’m really confused about romantic attraction

So I’ve suspected I was on the aromantic spectrum for a little while now, and I can relate and identify with a lot of the micro labels associated with it (I’m new, sorry if my terminology isn’t right) but I keep getting really confused as to if I’ve felt romantic attraction to some degree or not because in my head, I can’t seem to work out what’s romantic attraction and what’s platonic. It keeps confusing me because I’m sure I’m on the aro spectrum but at the same time, I’ve had crushes and one relationship before, but I just don’t seem to understand if I was attracted to them romantically or not. 

Whenever I do like someone I really enjoy talking to them, and I fantasize about them liking me too, but the idea of actually going on a date with them or doing romantic things with them irl and not just in my head doesn’t appeal to me at all. 

so that’s just really confused me because I don’t know if I’m actually romantically attracted to them or if I just really like them as a person and want them to like me as a person just as much without all the romance involved. 

Edited by Spoodz

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you on this. 

I've also been questioning whether I have experienced romantic attraction, or if it has been a different kind of attraction. Defining romantic attraction seems to be rather subjective, so it's hard (for me) to pin down whether it's something I've felt or not. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Qiri said:

I'm with you on this. 

I've also been questioning whether I have experienced romantic attraction, or if it has been a different kind of attraction. Defining romantic attraction seems to be rather subjective, so it's hard (for me) to pin down whether it's something I've felt or not. 

Same! I think most of the attraction I’ve felt for people is alterous, anything else it’s just platonic that I’ve mistaken for romantic 

• Like 1