Am I aromantic??

So recently I’ve been feeling less and less of a desire for a romantic relationship with someone. Like it just doesn’t appeal to me at all, so I started wondering if I was aromantic or not. I know I’m not fully aromantic because I’ve had crushes before and I’ve been in a relationship once previously. It was very nice and I think I loved the person a lot, however I don’t really know if there was any difference between the love I felt for this person and the love I feel for my friends. I absolutely ADORE anyone who is close and very special to me, which this person was at the time so maybe that was all I was feeling. The idea of going on “cute dates” with people and holding hands with them has never really appealed to me though, even when I was in a relationship with this person. I really enjoyed spending time with them but I never really felt the desire to do anything more than that (except for cuddles, however I like hugs in general so I think it’s probably more the fact I like hugs rather than romantically cuddling with them.) I do catch feelings for people sometimes and the idea of having a relationship seems really nice, however in real life I don’t think I’d enjoy it as much as I do in my head, I feel like just spending time with the person in the same way I would with a close friend is enough, rather than any sort of romantic relationship. So that’s made me question if I’m on the aromantic spectrum or not? 

You might be aro-spectrum.  Have you heard of queerplatonic relationships?

• Like 1