Potentially ace spec?

Guest Kvlt

Question

Guest Kvlt

I thought I would have this figured out by now, but I guess not. I am aromantic, and now questioning if I could be gray-ace. I do feel sexual attraction, but it tends to feel more like a biological burden than something I enjoy. I have never really understood people's pursuit of sex, and I get surprised and quite unnerved when reminded that others act on those feelings. I have been told that I will 'understand it' someday, but I never have. I was raised being told that I would eventually want to have a partner and all that jazz, and I thought that I just wasn't ready for dating. Realizing that I'm aromantic lifted pressure of my shoulders, I just don't feel that way. Despite my sexual attraction, I don't want to act on it at all. It feels unnecessary, a biological response that I don't really need. At first I had doubted my potential ace-ness because I still feel attraction, but the fact that it fluctuates and feels like an annoyance makes being ace-spec seem plausible. I know labels can change, and that I can try one on to see if it fits. What do ya'll think? Has anyone else felt similar?

1 answer to this question