Hello Everyone

I am MasqueradeMuse. I am, admittedly, new to this whole aromantic thing. While I do believe I am Aro, I am unsure of the specific orientation within the spectrum. I like playing games, listening to classical music, and other nerd things because I am a big nerd who knows a bunch of random stuff. I found out I was different entirely random actually, and I know that sounds weird. I discovered Aromanticism randomly online, and after researching about it and cross examining it with my own experiences, I came to the conclusion I am Aro however I am not 100% sure on it. I do Believe I am Aro, but am still hesitant to claim myself as such in fear of social feedback on myself and others should the case be that I am wrong in the future. I do apologize if my post here doesn't make sense, or in some manner offends someone, and I do hope you understand it was not my intention to confuse or offend anyone. 

• Like 2

Welcome to Arocalypse!

Labels can change over time, there's nothing wrong with that.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2024 at 10:48 AM, MasqueradeMuse said:

I do Believe I am Aro, but am still hesitant to claim myself as such in fear of social feedback on myself and others should the case be that I am wrong in the future.

I used to feel this way, and let me tell you what people told me: labels aren't tattoos, they are stickers. You aren't committing to anything. So if it is helpful to you right now, use it right now. That changing in the future is as easy as peeling the sticker off and putting a new one on. You aren't hurting anyone by using it now and not using it later.

• Thanks 2