Funny Stories

i heard from a friend about a preacher doing a funeral in place of a reverend who had called in sick.

the reverend had left a script to follow about the deceased lady including some words about her abilities as a lay preacher.

now the thing is, they were from slightly different branches of christianity, in the reverends branch the place where you speak from is the lectern. in his tradition it is called the rostrum.

the poor preacher managed to get this muddled up completely and ended up saying that the deceased 'spoke passionately from the rectum'.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

You may not get a laugh out of it, but I hope you at least get a smile out of it.

Last weekend, I took my younger siblings to watch the new movie “The Wild Robot.” But as we were waiting for our popcorn, there were a couple of claw machines by the corner of the building, and my siblings immediately ran to them to check them out. My brother had approached me asking, “What does S.O.S mean?” I answered, “It means save our souls.” I heard a worried response from him as he said, “What?” I said, “Yeah, S.O.S means save our souls. People usually only use it in life or death scenarios.” I looked up and saw a worried look on his face mixed with disbelief. He looked inside one of the claw machines. I walked over and saw it filled with stuff animals. One of which had a tag on it that had “SOS” on it. But my brother failed to realize that it was merch from the Sweet Tarts candy because underneath the “SOS” it read “snacks on snacks.” He didn’t see this and got so confused and so worried at the same time. The look on his face was hilarious. I informed him what was actually going on and that in this context, it didn’t mean that. He was so relieved, but that really made me chuckle how he thought the stuff animals were asking for help in being a dire situation like a claw machine. 🤣