How do you show aro pride?

• 1 month later...
Guest Kit-Kat
On 2/1/2024 at 10:07 AM, Raininspring said:

(the pronunciation of "aro" sounding a lot like "arrow" lol)

Haha! Same! I'm out to one friend, and her nickname for me is "arrow"

For pride month I wore purple nail polish and now sometimes choreograph my outfit to be both green (aro color) and purple (ace color). 

I have an aromantic flag button on my battle jacket and a pair of aro pride thigh highs. Although, sometimes I confuse them with my agender pride thigh highs....

• 1 month later...

i personally do the white ring (and black bc im aroace), the aroace flag in beads on the first line of my shoelace (the other being enby flag), and i cut out some hearts in the flag colors out of paper and hung them in the flag order in my room. i also have an aroace flag pin on my bag, and im going to embroider the flag on it too

edit: i also did one of those embroidery thread weaving bracelets in the colors and wear it

Edited by just-another-human

• 2 weeks later...

Do it subtly through clothes, as in wearing different shades of green + white+grey+black.

Another way to do it subtly is by setting a wallpaper in relevant color schemes, but without it being the flag if it’s uncomfy to be obvious about it.

Perhaps stuff like the white ring is something only those who know will know.

Or by color-sorting homescreen apps or widgets in the phone.

Like this, we know what the color scheme is, but everyone else wouldn’t think of it: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/7a/62/237a62cba30ad7f18a0143e6fc31e6ab.jpg

Or use your actual home wallpaper, furniture, floors and ceilings into the relevant color scheme, you and fellows will know what the color scheme really means to you, but everyone else will just see a color scheme and probably wouldn’t even connect them to flags.

• Like 2