Vent thread

hemogoblin

• 2 months later...

🇸🇪 considers ending poverty by banning begging. Again, a very enlightened and moral policy … NOT.

There's so much growing callousness in this world, it becomes slowly like one of Kafka's nightmares. At first, I thought it was just a phase, but there's no end in sight.

• Like 1

people irl are infuriating. and loud. and don’t make a ton of sense. same with most social situations. and compared to them i’m wired. the autism is making a lot more sense as time goes by. also attraction? i don’t think have much if not any of it. not any of the types. this also makes a lot of sense, unlike my gender. same with my small circle irl. there’s four people including me, 95% of the time it’s like a three person friend group with this weird quiet kid dressed in black tagging along. most stuff is planned without me. that’s fine though, most of of the time i don’t want any interaction with people irl outside of necessity and hobbies, i kind of just like to tag along and observe though. im also perceived as rude a lot, when really i’m not trying to be, it usually just stems from honesty or just not caring.

people online aren’t as annoying to deal with. i can take as long as i want to formulate a response and don’t have to deal with a social situation. there are times when irl interaction is more convenient, though that can be solved by a call. unfortunate there are no “visual” cues through online communication that aren’t viewed as passive aggressive, where i can just listen to someone and they don’t think i’m ignoring them.

idk what this is. just wanted to get my thoughts out somewhere besides my notes app i guess.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kira- said:

people irl are infuriating. and loud. and don’t make a ton of sense. same with most social situations. and compared to them i’m wired. the autism is making a lot more sense as time goes by. also attraction? i don’t think have much if not any of it. not any of the types. this also makes a lot of sense, unlike my gender. same with my small circle irl. there’s four people including me, 95% of the time it’s like a three person friend group with this weird quiet kid dressed in black tagging along. most stuff is planned without me. that’s fine though, most of of the time i don’t want any interaction with people irl outside of necessity and hobbies, i kind of just like to tag along and observe though. im also perceived as rude a lot, when really i’m not trying to be, it usually just stems from honesty or just not caring.

people online aren’t as annoying to deal with. i can take as long as i want to formulate a response and don’t have to deal with a social situation. there are times when irl interaction is more convenient, though that can be solved by a call. unfortunate there are no “visual” cues through online communication that aren’t viewed as passive aggressive, where i can just listen to someone and they don’t think i’m ignoring them.

idk what this is. just wanted to get my thoughts out somewhere besides my notes app i guess.

Relatable 🥲

How come "I want to die" has become a joke?

Like, how does that even happen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P4R4D0X said:

Relatable 🥲

How come "I want to die" has become a joke?

Like, how does that even happen?

there’s two people i see saying it: undiagnosed depression with a love of self deprecating humor, and the average high schooler when they get assigned a project they don’t wanna do or have lots of homework.

most likely for the same reason other extremes have been adopted into slang, such as how so many people say stuff like “i’m so ocd” to describe a general neatness and orderly behavior and as a result that’s been watered down to just that and perfectionism. 

Every potential career path I can think of either strikes me as tedious or something that I don’t have the necessary talent/skill/drive for. I feel like I’m so behind compared to my peers, like they all have something I don’t—there’s this substance to them, like even the shitty ones have a certain humanness to them that I find lacking within myself. Even though I know it’s not true and that these feelings aren’t based in reality, it feels like my life is emptier than theirs—like I’m emptier than them. Idk what to do about it except for listen to The Maybe Man album on loop and vent abt it online

The really annoying thing is that anyone else with my life would be having a way better time than me—my life is genuinely good, I’m the one who doesn’t know how to live it, or live period tbh. 

Edited by An Aro Passes Bi

On 10/4/2024 at 12:27 AM, kira- said:

there’s two people i see saying it: undiagnosed depression with a love of self deprecating humor, and the average high schooler when they get assigned a project they don’t wanna do or have lots of homework.

most likely for the same reason other extremes have been adopted into slang, such as how so many people say stuff like “i’m so ocd” to describe a general neatness and orderly behavior and as a result that’s been watered down to just that and perfectionism. 

"The average highschooler" lmao (not me waking up at 4 to check here and finish my math and english homework)

The way people just collapse different mental illnesses and neurodiverse people is... strange, to say the least. 

Depression isn't just being very sad

OCD isn't just perfectionism and being very organized 

Autism isn't just 'being weird'

Yes, sometimes people with these conditions can sometimes be this way, but there are plenty of 'normal' people who can be this way as well.

On 10/10/2024 at 10:12 PM, An Aro Passes Bi said:

Every potential career path I can think of either strikes me as tedious or something that I don’t have the necessary talent/skill/drive for. I feel like I’m so behind compared to my peers, like they all have something I don’t—there’s this substance to them, like even the shitty ones have a certain humanness to them that I find lacking within myself. Even though I know it’s not true and that these feelings aren’t based in reality, it feels like my life is emptier than theirs—like I’m emptier than them. Idk what to do about it except for listen to The Maybe Man album on loop and vent abt it online

Same...

People call me 'robotic' because I lack something that makes the 'humans' humans . Maybe it's the motivation I lack, maybe it's the desire to form deep emotional connections with other 'humans' that I am missing. Honestly I thought being born from two Homo Sapiens would qualify as being human but nOoOo not if Society™ has a say on it.

(I like your username btw)

My one academic weakness is English, and of course it's the one that all the others are based off of...

I. Don't. Like. Essays.

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by P4R4D0X
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

My one academic weakness is English, and of course it's the one that all the others are based off of...

I. Don't. Like. Essays.

Reveal hidden contents

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

REAL. I enjoy the reading part of English but essays are the worst. Just the thought of writing one makes me want to tear my hair out

10 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

(I like your username btw)

Thanks I love puns lol

On 10/3/2024 at 9:30 AM, DeltaAro said:

🇸🇪 considers ending poverty by banning begging. Again, a very enlightened and moral policy … NOT.

There's so much growing callousness in this world, it becomes slowly like one of Kafka's nightmares. At first, I thought it was just a phase, but there's no end in sight.

Ugh, don't have any if we can't see it! Same with the issues of homelessness in Canada lol.

20 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

Same...

People call me 'robotic' because I lack something that makes the 'humans' humans . Maybe it's the motivation I lack, maybe it's the desire to form deep emotional connections with other 'humans' that I am missing. Honestly I thought being born from two Homo Sapiens would qualify as being human but nOoOo not if Society™ has a say on it.

on this, people always think i’m gonna k@ll them or i personally hate them (i just dislike most people in general, usually it’s not personal) because of how i look lol (mostly my expression, but the way i’d dress probably doesn’t help). i can also have a very robotic way of moving or doing things which probably adds onto it

• Like 1