teen corner

S-Hawk

20 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

QOTD cuz I'm finally back:

What is the weirdest fact you know?

New Zealand was once listed on eBay

1 hour ago, kira- said:

so i took the practice act and it was actually good and not 6th grade math, but one funny thing was that on an edpuzzle we were required to do going over basic math the guy in the video got it wrong:

Hide contents

IMG_0041.jpeg.1dcab4ba99ca11ec9fa721293aa5ab07.jpeg

he said the answer to this was 9 i’m dying

Is it not? 

x^2-x=72

x^2-x-72=0

(x-9)(x+8)=0

x=9, x=-8

x>0 so x=9

Sorry for the likely questionable working

Edited by allhailtheglowcloud
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

New Zealand was once listed on eBay

Is it not? 

x^2-x=72

x^2-x-72=0

(x-9)(x+8)=0

x=9, x=-8

x>0 so x=9

Sorry for the likely questionable working

my bad, you’re right. i took 8^2 to mean 80 instead of 64 for some reason. apologies for doubting you act math guy.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

Oof absolutely been there though...

Brain miscalculations are really great like that /sarc

Yeah... I do stuff like that a lot but mostly if anything I just forget negative signs

I lost like 4 points to that on my last math test

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, P4R4D0X said:

In spirit of maths, here is today's QOTD:

In your opinion, what was the worst math mistake you have made?

finally deciding to answer a question in class and finding out i was wrong, resulting in me never wanting to answer a question unless it’s the most basic stuff in the world due to a fear of getting the wrong answer in front of the entire class (this is probably a social anxiety thing). honorable mention to forgetting -b/2a for a quiz on solving quadratics resulting in me taking like an extra 30 minutes trying to figure out another way to solve the problem.

• Like 1

I've had an insane day. I have first period gym. Awful, I literally almost passed out. I've never had a reaction like that to something before so I don't know what went wrong. School closed early because the water system is having issues so no bathrooms,water fountains,etc. I fell asleep for awhile and when I woke up my mom called me telling me school's closed tomorrow due to the water issue. She also told me liam Payne from one direction died today by "falling" off his balcony in Argentina.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AroAcedragon15 said:

I've had an insane day. I have first period gym. Awful, I literally almost passed out. I've never had a reaction like that to something before so I don't know what went wrong. School closed early because the water system is having issues so no bathrooms,water fountains,etc. I fell asleep for awhile and when I woke up my mom called me telling me school's closed tomorrow due to the water issue. She also told me liam Payne from one direction died today by "falling" off his balcony in Argentina.

Well, that makes my teacher calling Richard Byrd 'a hottie' seem kinda normal.

New QOTD:

What is the strangest sentence anyone has ever said to you?

Edited by P4R4D0X
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, P4R4D0X said:

Well, that makes my teacher calling Richard Byrd 'a hottie' seem kinda normal.

That's still pretty weird.

23 minutes ago, P4R4D0X said:

New QOTD:

Strangest sentence someone said today was "please stop bleating like a goat we have to finish the vocab" ( this was the english teacher speaking to another student)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

New QOTD:

i don’t usually remember stuff like that, but there was one time where someone was audible talking to themselves and slowly turned and looked at me and directed the conversation with themselves towards me mid sentence without breaking flow or anything, which was unsettling.

• Like 1

I get American History shoved into my face. The same story year after year after year. I'm so tired of hearing it. I know about the revolution. Yeah yeah, I'm aware about the constitution, blah blah blah. I've been taught the same things so many times, that now, sitting in the Credit recovery class, (I have to redo an entire course on history (and biology) just to graduate), none of what I read in the history course (Nor biology course, but less so biology) is sticking in my head. I read it, and it goes out immediately. History is such an unengaging topic, and I've been taught the same thing over and over to the point I don't want to hear about it, I don't have anymore passion about it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

New QOTD:

"I would never put 17 thousand monkeys in the Eiffel tower"

"I didn't think that batman was French" 

"Just because I'm an old lady doesn't mean I'm an old lady"

My friend group has a quote book and it is a gold mine for these kind of questions

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, P4R4D0X said:

New QOTD ,':)

What is your least favorite subject and why?

pe because we literally do nothing for an hour and a half, plus i run xc so there's no point i already get exercise