teen corner

S-Hawk

On 10/3/2024 at 8:56 PM, P4R4D0X said:

QOTD:

If birthmarks show how you died in a past life, how did you die?

that’s a good question!

I have an angel kiss birthmark right smack dab on my forehead. haha thankfully it’s usually not too visible. 

but honestly I probably ran into a tree branch too hard haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

QOTD: if you had to live life as a liquid or a gas then which would you choose?

unfortunately i don't have a cool sciencey loophole, so i'll just be some random gas floating through space.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

QOTD: if you had to live life as a liquid or a gas then which would you choose?

I’m a gas for sure… just… imagine the freedom to go wherever you want unseen. To be wherever you want to be, and no one will interact with you. It’s literally just a better version of “fly upon a wall”

• Like 2

i’m on my math homework lol

IMG_0029.jpeg.2edb9f4c257eac1cf06f73ed18d90668.jpeg

it wasn’t part of the assigned homework because we’re learning about notating domain, range, and end behavior of graphs, lines, etc, and this involved linear functions. i still did it anyways because i felt like it lol

answer:

Spoiler

domain: total money

range: number of classes signed up for

linear function: y = 15x + 50

graph (because why not):

IMG_0028.jpeg.a221ec7b6caf60b42fa46617c100740f.jpeg

(each dot represent another class)

relatively easy compared to other stuff i’ve had to do, partly because this is the first lesson in the new unit.

• Like 3

On 10/8/2024 at 10:50 PM, kira- said:

it wasn’t part of the assigned homework because we’re learning about notating domain, range, and end behavior of graphs, lines, etc, and this involved linear functions. i still did it anyways because i felt like it lol

answer:

Reveal hidden contents

graph (because why not):

relatively easy compared to other stuff i’ve had to do, partly because this is the first lesson in the new unit.

Meanwhile I'm doing AP calc and getting answers that don't even have a single number in them

I hate this class, and especially hate derivatives

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueEvergreen said:

Meanwhile I'm doing AP calc and getting answers that don't even have a single number in them

is ap calc what you have to take after ap stat? or is there another option.

2 hours ago, TrueEvergreen said:

YUP derivatives suck... although imo integration is worse bc I always forget to do steps. What is AP classes, btw?

1 hour ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

What is AP classes, btw?

advanced placement, basically a level above honors. some also offer college level dual enrollment (basically means you can earn college credits in high school).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AroAcedragon15 said:

I'm in DC global 2 and DC algebra 2. DC Chem was offered but I figured Chem would already be hard enough without the college curriculum.

i’m in ap human geo with dual enrollment, and ap english seminar. everything else is honors.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2024 at 11:50 PM, kira- said:

answer:

Reveal hidden contents

graph (because why not):

I was on my homework, supposedly thinking about the number 60. (Honors Algebra in grade 7)

QOTD cuz I'm finally back:

What is the weirdest fact you know?

Edited by P4R4D0X
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

QOTD cuz I'm finally back:

What is the weirdest fact you know?

this one’s kind of gross so just warning

Spoiler

on the album cover of metallica’s sixth album “load”, the artist andres serrano created it by basically mixing cows blood and his own semen between two sheets of plexiglass. this is the official album cover and i will not be including a picture here but if your heart desires you can google it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kira- said:

this one’s kind of gross so just warning

Hide contents

on the album cover of metallica’s sixth album “load”, the artist andres serrano created it by basically mixing cows blood and his own semen between two sheets of plexiglass. this is the official album cover and i will not be including a picture here but if your heart desires you can google it.

I looked it up omg. honestly it’s not that bad and not knowing the backstory I wouldn’t have been as creeped out lol

i have two (I actually have a lot more) for this qotd.

everybody (in this case everybody who was not born with ovaries, etc) can lactate (produce milk). it can be triggered by starvation. concentration camp survivors were given food after being starved for weeks and for some reason, they started lactating.

Spoiler

If a person’s ligaments stretch and their muscles aren't strong enough their uterus can straight up fall out of them.

• Like 1

we’re doing prep for sophomore act and it’s all stuff i learned in middle school. “yOu HaVe To WrItE pEmDaS oN tHe BaCk” like bro i don’t need a foldable to remember how to find the area of a fucking triangle (something i learned in 5th grade istg). and this is taking up my ap human geo period, which is a class i really like.

now they’re teaching me how to plug in numbers i’m dying

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, kira- said:

we’re doing prep for sophomore act and it’s all stuff i learned in middle school. “yOu HaVe To WrItE pEmDaS oN tHe BaCk” like bro i don’t need a foldable to remember how to find the area of a fucking triangle (something i learned in 5th grade istg). and this is taking up my ap human geo period, which is a class i really like.

now they’re teaching me how to plug in numbers i’m dying

I would actually be soo mad

Thankfully my school doesn't require that stuff it's all optional for us

11 hours ago, TrueEvergreen said:

I would actually be soo mad

Thankfully my school doesn't require that stuff it's all optional for us

so i took the practice act and it was actually good and not 6th grade math, but one funny thing was that on an edpuzzle we were required to do going over basic math the guy in the video got it wrong:

Spoiler

IMG_0041.jpeg.1dcab4ba99ca11ec9fa721293aa5ab07.jpeg

he said the answer to this was 9 i’m dying