Superpowers and side effects

Arsenic

SE: this effect only lasts WHILE you are smiling at them

SP: I am able to identify any pain or illness just by touching that person 

• Like 2

SE: you also immediately transfer the affliction to yourself. at least you know what the issue is!

SP: i can become imperceptible; so basically invisible but also inaudible and unable to be detected any other way

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 10:50 PM, H_K said:

SP: Anyone I smile at instantly feels happier

i know people with this superpower. i try to spend as much time with them as possible

SE: others can’t perceive you, but you also can’t perceive yourself in any way. you can’t feel pain, you can’t tell if you’re tired or energized, adrenaline does nothing, you can’t tell if you’re suffocating, and the only clue you’d have that you needed to sneeze is when your vision suddenly shuts off for a second from the hard blink. even your emotions are dulled to the point of imperceptibly. if you use your power for too long at a time, you risk forgetting that you exist

SP: i am supernaturally skilled at a martial art where one uses at least three weapons at a time by juggling them

• Like 1

SE: this gift also makes you compulsively start juggling things anytime three objects that you can pick up are available. you're addicted. you can't stop. you've been juggling three bowls of food for hours, you're starving.

SP: i can win any argument and successfully convince the other person just by starting my argument with "umm, actually" 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WizardGrayFire said:

i know people with this superpower. i try to spend as much time with them as possible

That's so wholesome

SE: You pass on this ability to the people who you say 'Umm actually' to so anytime you enter an argument your conversation would become a relay of 'umm actually' back and forth... 

SP: I can flick through any amount of books and understand and memorise its contents without having to read a single page

• Like 1

SE: you have negated the point of books by removing all sensations related to them. the book gods are angry 

SP: I can figure out how to turn anything into a useful tool. (I already use staples to pick locks, and pens to shoot paper balls, so kinda building off of something I already do)

• Like 2

SE: you become a hoarder, and soon your home fills up with the most random garbage because you can't bear to part with anything that has any use at all :D

SP: i have built in retractable wheels in my feet like heelys 

• Like 1

SE: əəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəəə

SP: i know exactly what to say/do to make people feel better without making them uncomfortable (e.g. i avoid the awkwardness when the situation could call for a hug but on the other hand they might be touch-averse)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duck The Guy said:

SE: you have too many friends and everyone likes u too much 😔

nothing in the rules saying it has to be a *bad* side effect 🤷

SE: you’re a tiny pink puffball and to use this ability you have to swallow your target

SP: i can type at superhuman speeds

• Like 1

SE: whenever you use your power you suddenly gain 16 fingers (so you have enough to each cover a letter) and it takes several minutes for the fingers to go away

SP: if i simply make any effort to block/dodge something, i am completely impervious to any damage like a video game character

• Like 1

SE: if you aren’t on guard and you get hurt, you also take damage like a video game character (takes health off your max HP)

SP: no matter how unhealthy the food I eat, it affects me in the same way as if I’d eaten a fully balanced meal, but the food still TASTES good

• Like 1

SE: You lose your teeth, so everything needs to be liquified before you drink, it’s not eating anymore at this point. At least it still tastes the same, but no more texture, no more chewing, just the same texture as water. There is nothing forbidding you from getting false teeth replacements, but is the extra maintenance worth it?

SP: Olympian level athletics for EVERY sport

• Like 1

SE: The changing of bone and muscle structure to grow these animal limbs is excruciatingly painful

SP: Your fingers can stick to anything, giving you the ability to climb walls and steep mountains with ease

• Like 1

SE: (see spiderman when he first gets his powers)

SP: there is always room for me to sit down, no matter where I am, but nobody has to stand up to make room for me

Edited by Lilac
  • Like 2

SE: You feel a sense of emptiness, as you didn’t put in any hard work or motivation to achieve these immaculate skills. You lose the drive to explore and try out new things, because you’ve already done everything and you’re already great at everything. You’ve “experienced” these skills, but if you haven’t practiced and gone through the long, difficult, but rewarding journey to experience them, have you really? 
TL;DR: Identity crisis and apathy towards life in general

SP: Any product idea I come up with will be successful and make me millions of dollars, no matter how stupid the idea is

• Like 3

SE: no side effect for you actually!! good luck getting investors to care about your ideas though, you still need the funds to be able to start your business! its not like you can convince people that you have a real life superpower 

SP: i can control and computer/smart device with my mind, no matter what type it is

• Like 2

SE: unfortunately any and all essays you're writing are for school and will cause you to have failing grades! at least you dont have to write them tho :D 

SP: being able to effortlessly, seamlessly transform into a cyborg body, and back to my own at will

• Like 1

SE: You don't feel pain in your cyborg body, so you're more susceptible to injury, and all injuries on your cyborg body transfer to your real body. You better get that giant hole blasted through your chest fixed by a really skilled mechanic before you transform back, hopefully you can find someone who understands your mechanisms.

SP: The ability to know the best decision to make in any situation

• Like 2