Art Thread

Carson:)

I made a really quick frog in Tinkercad to explain to my students the basics of 3D modelling.
Thought it was kind of cute so I printed it and now it lives in a papercraft treehouse (designed by r-n-w, an illustrator that does a lot for dungeons and dragons campains)

IMG_1103.jpeg.3ac56b587ad2c0484773225de8322762.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 2:26 PM, allhailtheglowcloud said:

Idk if this counts but I turned the aro ace flag into a phone background and I'm really happy with it

aroaceflag.jpg.e5714ed8b8c68b6da656b0a0584843db.jpg

sunset.jpg.04fd27d3f3043073737fda326373c2bd.jpg

Sorry for stealing your idea, but here's another aroace-flag-based phone background.

Edited by P4R4D0X

• 2 months later...

aro-art.png.d9fdaae099a43212bb0056eadd2b9332.png

Aro Suprematism

Didn't post here for so long.

But hah, I still found one older sketch - I just finished it rather fast, so the colors aren't great. There's also feels like something else is off, duh, can't point my finger on it.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 1:43 AM, DeltaAro said:

aro-art.png.d9fdaae099a43212bb0056eadd2b9332.png

Aro Suprematism

Didn't post here for so long.

But hah, I still found one older sketch - I just finished it rather fast, so the colors aren't great. There's also feels like something else is off, duh, can't point my finger on it.

Looks good! The painter has a nice flourish and I like the contrast between the clean palette and the paint spills on their shirt ;) I think the bit that feels off is the lower left leg (right for the viewer), because it is longer then the right one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2024 at 2:40 PM, Nix said:

Looks good! The painter has a nice flourish and I like the contrast between the clean palette and the paint spills on their shirt ;) I think the bit that feels off is the lower left leg (right for the viewer), because it is longer then the right one.

Yes, you're right, thanks. Tried to fix it. Though, perhaps, one should draw the whole right (left for viewer) shoe again, it's too round at the bottom, and also slightly skewed.

painter-flattened.jpg.6be82dbb41fe54cf585cdf7af2defea8.jpg

BTW, I always wanted to draw an aro painter but when I looked for inspiration, I came across this image (for a game called SuchArt):

EGS_SuchArtGeniusArtistSimulator_Voolgi_

I love that picture. It's sad how difficult it is to replicate that energy of movement and the bold shading / color, though it all looks so simple. Even the easiest things are so hard, it's really a humbling experience, lol.

At least I can say: aro painter is a serious fine artist, like Kazimir Malevich. They don't use spray cans!  😃

• Like 2